Self-service has been a hot topic in healthcare for a few years now. And with good reason—it can help reduce costs, improve efficiency, and free up clinicians to focus on more complex cases. But what will the future of self-service look like? Here are 5 predictions for how AI will redefine healthcare self-service in 2023.
- AI-powered chatbots will become the norm. Chatbots are already being used by many organizations to provide 24/7 support to patients and families. In 2023, chatbots will become even more commonplace as they become more sophisticated and are able to handle more complex inquiries.
- Natural language processing will enable chatbots to have conversations that are more natural and human-like. This will make them even more effective at addressing the needs of patients and families.
- Virtual assistants will become more widely used to provide support in a variety of tasks, from scheduling appointments to giving directions to the nearest pharmacy.
- AI will be used to create personalized treatment plans for each patient based on their individual characteristics and history.
- "Smart" rooms will be equipped with sensors that collect data about patients' vitals and environment in order to provide real-time feedback to clinicians about their condition.
Self-service is here to stay in healthcare—and artificial intelligence will play a big role in shaping its future. Chatbots, virtual assistants, and smart rooms are just some of the ways that AI will redefine healthcare self-service in 2023. So get ready for a future that's powered by AI!